ACEM FEx OSCEs
Trial OSCE scenarios for the ACEM Fellowship Clinical Exam 2015.1 and beyond
The New OSCE format
Information about the new OSCE format can be found:
- On the ACEM website (including multiple resources in the elearning portal
- Adelaide Emergency Physicians. In particular, there are tips on approaching the simulation-based and procedural OSCEs
- In addition, this article is recommended reading about the OSCE process: Techniques for measuring clinical competence: objective structured clinical examination
Each OSCE will consist of 4 minutes reading time followed by 7 minutes within the scenario. "Double" stations (17 minutes of scenario time) have been discontinued as part of the exam. Structured case-based discussions have been added as an exam type.
These trial OSCEs are structured for a consistent approach, using the Curriculum Domains to show what is being tested. The components of a trial OSCE on this website will consist of:
- The clinical stem and task
- Special instructions for the candidate, actors and examiners as required
- Curriculum Domains being tested
- Answer expected
- Categories and tags
The quality of trial OSCEs on this site is fully dependent on the users submitting them. I am unlikely to moderate/edit very much. They may or may not represent the actual ACEM FEx OSCEs.